Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship 2017 ( Interview Experience )




In a nutshell, I have rejected the scholarship due to personal reason.
                                                             
Nevertheless, it was the simplest scholarship interview that I ever attended.

Initially, I filled in the application form which was in google form. All were common questions (asking for details) except one essay question regarding gender inequality.


It was definitely a sad news for every one. However, this was totally common for me since I had failed  in some scholarships previously.

Failure is the mother of success. Be optimistic.

I sent an e-mail asking why I was not shortlisted. Here was the reply.




I accepted the fact as they had  provided a reasonable answer.

Dramatically, after a few days, I got another e-mail at night.






It was like a movie.

To continue the miraculous journey, I went to the final interview at Wisma Hong Leong. I forgot how to go there when reaching Wisma Genting. I asked people around but nobody knew. It was quite frustrating and lastly I took taxi to arrive punctually.

After verifying the original documents, I was given an essay about management.
We as the interviewees were allowed to browse information by smartphone. The time allocated was an hour.

It was bad that I did not bring photocopy of my certificates. ( I did not know it was required. )

After that, I waited to be called for interview.

2 interviewers + 1 interviewees

It was at the top floor of building.

The two female interviewers were very nice. Basically, it was simple Q&A session. Even though I could not perform in the best condition, I was satisfied for it generally.

Then, nothing was happening and I  left.

Short and simple, cool.

The miracle lasted until the end but destiny denies it.


It was because I had rejected the offer.

Although I was not the recipient, but I appreciated the opportunity given for final interview as it was a precious experience.




Although I was not the recipient, but I appreciated the opportunity given for final interview as it was a precious experience.

Congratulations to all of the recipients! Enjoy your Scholarship Award Ceremony. All the best in the future undertakings.

Thank you.





Comments

  1. May I know how long from the interview date did they email you on your final success status for the scholarship yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! i am about to apply this scholarship but my koko are average only. How about yours? yo had good koko achievements or just biasa2? thank you..your help be useful for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Koko" is something very subjective to be judged by panel. I cannot give an exact answer on it.

      Delete
  3. Hii may I know what was the essay question you were asked to write before the interview session and what questions did they ask during the interview? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The essay is about gender equality. The questions are more revolving about yourself. Since it is posted 3 years ago, I think a better answer will be from somebody who interview in 2019.

      Delete
    2. (I'm batch 2019 scholar)

      Q1: Describe what you observe in the image. (Personally think the picture looks like some people in the same suit were doing some kind of community service work..)(200 words)
      Q2: With these characteristics, you're a unique one. (What makes you proud of yourselves?) (500 words)

      I didn't manage to write up to the required length due to time constraint.. I didn't even get half of it.. But i guess they're looking forward to your ideas instead of writing skills =)

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Hi may i know how much did u put for ur family household?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi may I know when did they notify you that you didnt get shortlisted for the interview?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this year, the shortisted applicant were informed around middle of July.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

University of Malaya (UM) interview experience 2017

Scholarship Application ( Failure Experience )

University of Malaya (UM) Life 10 Fun Facts

University of Malaya (UM) Campus Activities

Welcome to University of Malaya (UM) !