Scholarship Application ( Failure Experience )





' Failure is the mother of success. '

 I did not get any reply from some scholarships. ( Astro, Malaysia Airport, TM and so forth. )

However, there were three scholarship interviews that I ever failed in the middle journey.

Here is the story .


1. Genting Resort Malaysia Scholarship

During my economics tutorial in matriculation, suddenly I got a call.
It was the first time I got reply from the scholarship. Nervously, I did my first time telephone interview in my life. ( It was long and took around 15 minutes. )

I waited for a few weeks. Unbelievably,  I was shortlisted successfully. Then, I needed to do an online assessment by my own. Initially, I was confident to be able to do it.

Thanks to my roommate for providing hotspot and blockmate for lending laptop. It was hard to borrow laptop since it was hari balik bermalam.

I did this assessment in the midnight. ( around 12.30 a.m. )

I did not know press what for personality test, so some questions I answered randomly.

Next, aptitude test was like a trauma. The questions were too hard as I never tried before. The time was really short, I cannot even finish it.

After a few days, I got the outcome --- Unsuccessful.





2. CIMB ASEAN Scholarship

It was in a public holiday. I studied in TV room at hostel around 2 p.m. . Alone, I fell asleep accidentally. Before that, I had muted my mobile phone.

I woke up at 4 p.m.. I missed a call !
I saved the contact and refreshed the whatsapp. It was a image of a Malay woman. I kept calling back but no reply. Finally, I sent a whatsapp message.

After 20 minutes, I got the call. The interviewer only asked some basic questions. It took only around 5 minutes.

After a few weeks, I got the outcome --- Unsuccessful.







3. GAMUDA Scholarship

After finishing matriculation, I did not expect to get any call. Around 10 a.m. on a sunny Monday, it happened.

The telephone interview was finished within 10 minutes. I did not know what field that GAMUDA involved. Therefore, I replied randomly.  Before ending, the interviewers told me that my answer was wrong, actually GAMUDA was doing construction like MRT/LRT/KTM.

Haha, a terrible mistake.

After a few months, I got the outcome --- Unsuccessful.


Even though I failed in them, but I never regretted to give a try since I had learnt a lot from the previous mistakes.

                     



Forget about the past tense, make use of the present tense to have a better future tense.

Thank you.

Comments

  1. Hi, did you went through the online assessment test for CIMB ASEAN Scholarship? If yes, what was it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry but I did not manage to go through telephone interview.

      Delete
  2. Halo.想請問你gamuda scholarship interview on phone是問了什麼問題嗎?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it is more about personal questions, questions about your field of study and your knowledge towards Gamuda.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I would like to ask that why after I filled up the application form, why I could not sit for the ignite online assessment which is email from the ignite cimb group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do u sit any online assessment just after submitting the online form? CIMB ASEAN Scholarship

      Delete
    2. Hi, for technical issue, you shall e-mail CIMB scholarship team to ask. I do not pass to online assessment stage. For my year, there will be one telephone interview and unfortunately I fail it.

      Delete
  4. 真的很难拿到奖学金 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. cimb called you with personal number, not office number?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

University of Malaya (UM) interview experience 2017

University of Malaya (UM) Life 10 Fun Facts

University of Malaya (UM) Campus Activities

Welcome to University of Malaya (UM) !